The Degree is offered by the University of Bucharest in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin; Start: Spring Semester - Berlin, February 17th, 2014)
To apply, please click http://www.culturaldiplomacy.de/index.php?en_application-form_ccds_ma
The Degree is offered by the University of Bucharest in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy. By studying cultural diplomacy in tandem with globalization, students will gain a deep comprehension of this innovative, emerging academic field, which is gradually taking on a greater level of importance and relevance in the contemporary global arena.
The MA program follows the conventional university structure of a two-year course divided into four different semesters. Students are offered an array of optional courses to accompany mandatory courses, work experience opportunities and the final thesis. During the first year the first semester will consist of three mandatory modules and two optional as the second semester will consist of the professional development program and 2 elective courses, whilst in the second year students will continue to the University of Bucharest in Romania for the 3rd Semester and the 4th Semester- the Thesis. Part of the 4th Semester could be completed from distance as well, as the students will produce a final thesis on a related topic of choice. At the end of the forth semesters, the students will be then required to defend their Thesis at the University of Bucharest in Romania.
Main benefits of the Program
• A core curriculum of International Relations and Globalization courses, necessary for the successful preparation for a wide range of potential career opportunities around the world.
• Access to an expert faculty with vast experience in international politics, diplomacy and economics, allowing students to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work in a complex global environment.
• The opportunity to obtain expertise in Cultural Diplomacy, a rapidly emerging and increasingly important field within the public sector, private sector and civil society.
• An exclusive and specific program that will provide significant advantages to students in the political arena compared to students who obtain a broader MA in International Relations.
• During the “Professional Development” semester of the MA, students will be able to create and implement their own programs of Cultural Diplomacy and experience how the knowledge they have gained can be effectively applied in the professional world. This also provides the relevant professional experience and contacts that can assist students in preparing for their future careers.
• Access to all ICD events and programs around the world, providing students with access to prominent experts in the field including various Heads of State, Ministers, and CEOs.
• The high quality of the curriculum and faculty provided by the Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies will provide appropriate preparation for students’ evolving careers in academia as well as in the international, public and private sectors.
• All MA students are invited to support and participate in ICD conferences and events throughout the course of their studies. This provides experience and contacts that will prove quite valuable in the professional development of the students.
The Master’s Degree is awarded by the University of Bucharest, which is recognized as a fully accredited institution of higher education with the right to award university degrees. The University of Bucharest is part of the Bologna Process set in place by the European Commission, and uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) to award degrees. As part of the Bologna Process, credits obtained through our MA program are equivalent to those of courses at universities in all other 30+ signatory countries. The amount of credits needed in order to obtain a Master’s Degree range from 90-120. Students will earn 30 credits per semester during our MA program, for a total of 120 credits upon completion.
Scholarships, equaling up to 10% deduction of tuition costs are available for students based on educational excellence and/ or financial need. Although each scholarship request will be evaluated on an individual basis, students are expected to have an above-average grade point of 4.5 (of 5.0) in order to qualify for a grant. The Financial Aid application is a two-step process; Students interested in applying for a scholarship are required to submit their initial aid application request as soon as they have formally applied to the program, completed the first step of the application, and have been accepted into the program. Scholarships are then determined for the second and 4th semesters.
Dates & Deadlines
The next programs for 2014 will take place in the following locations and dates:
• The first semester will take place in Berlin between the dates of February 17th - May 9th, 2014
• The second semester will take place in Berlin between the dates of June 8th - August 15th, 2014
• The third semester will take place in Bucharest between the dates of October01st, 2014 - January 19th, 2015
• The forth semester will take place in Bucharest between the dates of February 28th - June 30th, 2015 (presence required only till End of March 2015).
The deadline for admissions is November 30th, 2013. Students who have submitted their applications in full by November 30th, 2013 will be eligible for an interview. Applicants will be notified of the admission committee's decision within a period of 7 days following the interview.
* Current undergraduate students (who are due to graduate in the summer of 2013) are able to submit an application and participate in the pre-enrollment process, by submitting a confirmation of their current studies and their transcripts.
For Dates & Deadlines Admissions for 2014 please click HERE
For additional information on the Admission Process please click HERE
To Apply directly please click HERE
The required tuition fee for the MA in Globalization and Cultural Diplomacy is €12,000 for the full program (€3,000 per semester).
For more information please click http://www.ma-globalization.de/
For further enquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org