The Degree is offered by the University of Siena in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin; Start: Spring Semester - Berlin, February 17th, 2014)
To apply, please click http://www.culturaldiplomacy.de/index.php?en_application-form_ccds_ma
The Degree is offered by the University of Siena in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy. By studying cultural diplomacy in tandem with global governance, students will gain a deep comprehension of this innovative, emerging academic field, which is gradually taking on a greater level of importance and relevance in the contemporary global arena.
The MA in Global Governance and Cultural Diplomacy is a yearlong program spread over three semesters.
• The first semester is spent in Berlin, at the ICD Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies. The main priority of the curriculum for the first semester is to provide students with a solid foundation and understanding of the history and contemporary practice of Cultural Diplomacy, as well as future applications of the field.
• The second semester of the program will begin at the University of Siena. The primary focuses of the curriculum for the second semester are the essential theories, practices, and institutions in the fields of International Relations and Global Governance. Students will attend four modular classes and will be assessed based on class participation and the completion of term papers.
• The second semester will be followed by a professional development semester, the aim of which is to assist students in their future careers.
Main Benefits of the Program
The main benefits of this MA program are:
• A core curriculum of global governance and Cultural Diplomacy courses, taught from an inter-disciplinary approach encompassing political, economic, social and cultural influences on the two emerging fields.
• Access to an expert faculty with vast experience in international politics, diplomacy and economics, allowing students to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work in a complex global environment.
• The opportunity to obtain expertise in Cultural Diplomacy and global governance, both rapidly growing and increasingly important fields within the public sector, private sector and civil society.
• An exclusive and specific program that will provide significant advantages to students in the political arena compared to students who obtain a broader MA in International Relations.
• During the “Professional Development” segment of the MA, students will be able to create and implement their own programs of Cultural Diplomacy and global governance, and experience how the knowledge they have gained can be effectively applied in the professional world. This also provides the relevant professional experience and contacts that can assist students in preparing for their future careers.
• Access to all ICD events and programs around the world, providing students with access to prominent experts in the field including various Heads of State, Ministers, and CEOs.
• The high quality of the curriculum and faculty provided by the Centre for Cultural Diplomacy Studies will provide appropriate preparation for students’ evolving careers in academia as well as in the international, public and private sectors.
• All MA students are invited to support and participate in ICD conferences and events throughout the course of their studies. This provides experience and contacts that will prove quite valuable in the professional development of the students.
The Master’s Degree is awarded by the University of Siena, which is recognized as a fully accredited institution of higher education with the right to award university degrees. The University of Siena is part of the Bologna Process set in place by the European Commission, and uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) to award degrees. Credits obtained through our MA program are equivalent to those of courses at universities in all other 30+ signatory countries.. Upon Completion of the Program students will earn 60 credits.
Scholarships, equaling up to 10% deduction of tuition costs are available for students based on educational excellence and/ or financial need. Although each scholarship request will be evaluated on an individual basis, students are expected to have an above-average grade point of 4.5 (of 5.0) in order to qualify for a grant. The Financial Aid application is a two-step process; Students interested in applying for a scholarship are required to submit their initial aid application request as soon as they have formally applied to the program, completed the first step of the application, and have been accepted into the program. Scholarships are then determined for the second and 4th semesters.
Dates & Deadlines
The next programs for 2014 will take place in the following locations and dates:
• The first semester will take place in Berlin between the dates of February 17th - May 9th, 2014
• The second semester will take place in Siena between the dates of June 8th - August 15th, 2014
The deadline for admissions for the spring and fall semesters is November 30th, 2013. Students who have submitted their applications in full by November 30th, 2013 will be eligible for an interview. Applicants will be notified of the admission committee's decision within a period of 7 days following the interview.
* Current undergraduate students (who are due to graduate in the winter of 2014) are able to submit an application and participate in the pre-enrolment process, by submitting a confirmation of their current studies and their transcripts.
For Dates & Deadlines Admissions for 2014 please click HERE
For additional information on the Admission Process please click HERE
To Apply directly please click HERE
The required tuition fee for the MA in Global Governance and Cultural Diplomacy is €9,000 for the full program.
For more information please click http://www.ma-globalization.de/
For further enquiries please contact us at: email@example.com